Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One week old!!










Well baby Norah is a week old today, I can't believe it!! She has been such a blessing in our home, and such a challenge! Wow those first few nights having her home were impossible, definitely the hardest thing I've ever done.  The first night home she only slept a few hours and wouldn't nurse.  I spent the whole night worried that I was starving my baby to death. So at 8am the next morning we headed over to WIC to see a lactation consultant.  Getting in the car and going out in public was the last thing I wanted to do, after all I had only gotten about 2 hrs of sleep, and I could barely walk from being so sore.  Nonetheless we made it to WIC.  We were unable to get her to nurse but WIC did provide us with a pump so I could be sure to get her some food.  The 2nd night home was a nightmare, Norah slept maybe a total of 2 hrs, and I slept a total of 30 min.  Norah just screamed and screamed and once again I thought I was starving my poor baby, I've never felt so helpless.  After a lot of prayers and a blessing from my sweet husband the Lord began to bless us.  He didn't make Norah nurse, or make me less emotional, but he sent tons of helping hands! Family came over and held the baby so we could sleep, they also came over and cleaned and made us food, members of the ward also provided us with food.  My mom and sister are now in town and I couldn't be more grateful. It really does take a village raise a child, or at least to take care of a newborn.  I'm so grateful for the blessing the Lord has provided our sweet little family with.  He continues to bless us daily.  And just an hour ago I finally got Norah to nurse!! I know we probably have a lot more work to do with it, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Katy-This is Nina. I am SOOO excited that Norah nursed for you! Congratulations! I will say prayers so that she just loves it and ditches the nasty ole bottle for a while so you don't have to pump as much. :)

    ReplyDelete