Thursday, August 13, 2009

Katy Ann Rogers

My name is Katy Ann Rogers, its taken a while but I think I can finally honestly say that I love my name! All growing up I never felt like my name suited me. I remember one time I was at the water park, a boy came up to me, told me I was cute, and wanted to know my name. I remember thinking, "I can't tell him my real name, he'll think I'm a loser, no one cool has the name Katy". So I told him my name was Sara.
I don't know why I used to hold this attitude toward my name, I just did. But now I love my name, and this is why...
1. Its short! I can easily fill in the bubbles on standardized tests and have room to spare!
2. It may not be a unique name, but on a scale of 1-10 i think it receives an 8 for uniqueness of spelling.
3. Its not short for anything, people can just call me by one name, no nick-names necessary
4. My initials spell kar!(not that cool, but at least they spell something)
5. I think I counted about five girls with the name Katie(y) in my ballet class last semester. Which means, girls with this name are pretty much destined to be good ballerinas! thank goodness
6. My siblings picked my name, I think that is pretty special
7. My last name is pretty famous you have to admit, and I always get asked cool questions like, "are you related to Mr. Rogers?"
8. Just like my first name has a simple spelling so does my last! Rogers instead of Rodgers!
9. A word about my middle name...hmmmm...by itself, not so cool, but put Katy in front and Rogers after and you've got a perfect combination!
10. Rogers evolved from my great great great great ect. French grandfather Fitzrogers
So thats it, my name is the best name I could ever ask for:)

No comments:

Post a Comment